There are so many different types of screwdrivers that you can buy, and if you want to make the entire project easier, you should buy an electric screwdriver. However, there are plenty of things that you are going to want to know about them, including the pros, cons, and much more so you can make the best decision. The more you think about this, the easier it will be for you to make your final choice.
Make sure that you are doing your research regarding the various electric screwdrivers that you can purchase, including how they can be powered and much more. Here is our comprehensive guide that can help you know about the models and which one to choose.
10 Best Electric Screwdrivers
1. WORX WX255L SD Power Screwdriver
If you don’t want to change the bits out, then the WORX WX255L SD power screwdriver is something to look at. You can easily change the bit by twisting the slide action changer, which includes 6 different heads to pick from. It is extremely lightweight, which means that you don’t need to use more than one hand to use it, and it can hold a charge for up to 18 months at a time.
- Easy to change the bits out
- Could use more than 1 LED light
If you want something that will be easy to use, including changing out the bits, this is definitely the model to buy.
2. Dewalt DCF680N2 Screwdriver
If you want to get a well-known brand to back your tools, then the Dewalt DCF680N2 screwdriver is going to be ideal. It can screw the screws into the wall or any other material and even remove them with a single tool and without any extra effort on your part. The handle can be adjusted to be straight or bent, which makes it easier for you to choose what hold will be more comfortable for you.
- Can easily change the hold type
- Comes with 2 batteries
- Limited 3-year warranty
If customization in terms of holding the electric screwdriver is important to you, then the Dewalt model is going to be perfect for that since you can easily change back and forth.
3. Milwaukee 2401-22 M12
If you want something that will be easy to use and that won’t break your wallet, then the Milwaukee 2401-22 M12 is the right electric screwdriver to look at. A battery gauge lets you see just how long you have left using the machine, and the gears are housed in metal. This will be great if you need to use it for construction or even if you want to use it at home since it is easy to use.
- Battery gauge
- Well built
- Easy to use
When it comes to electric screwdrivers, this model is sturdy and simple in terms of usage, making it ideal for business or even home usage.
4. Metabo HPT DB3DL2 Cordless Screwdriver
If you don’t need something complicated or heavy, then the Metabo HPT DB3DL2 cordless screwdriver is perfect. The handle can be adjusted to make it a straight screwdriver or a curved handle, making it customizable for your comfort level. You can easily choose the clutch setting that you want, and there is an LED that is in-built to make it easier to see.
- Comes with 2 batteries
- The handle can be adjusted.
- The battery only has a 2-year warranty.
If you don’t want something heavy and adjust how you hold it, then this is the model for you.
5. Vigrue Cordless Screwdriver
If you want all of the accessories that would come with a screwdriver, then the Vigrue cordless screwdriver is something to look at. This one has an indicator to tell you what the current battery level is, and the grip is covered entirely in comfortable plastic, which makes it easy to hold. There are 7 settings for the torque, and there are numerous sockets and connectors that would fit everything you are trying to do.
- Plenty of power
- Flexible shaft
If you want to be prepared and always have the accessories, sockets, connectors, and bits that you might ever need, then this set is the way to go.
6. HYCHIKA 3.6V Cordless Screwdriver
If you don’t want something with a cord attached, then the HYCHIKA 3.6V cordless screwdriver will be a good option. It has a sleek design, and you can quickly turn the handle to make it flat, which makes it easier to use. The battery is huge in capacity at 2000mAH, and it can be charged by using a USB based charger, which means you can charge it anywhere at any time.
- Ideal for very small budgets
- Large capacity battery
- Flashlight is bright
For those who don’t want something with a cord, this model is definitely something to be looking at, especially if you have a very small budget.
For those who only want the best from the most well-known brands, then the Bosch Autoday electric screwdriver is a top option. It is a flat style screwdriver, and there isn’t any handle that you can adjust, and it has 33 drills and bits that you can choose. It is extremely compact, and you can carry it around with you easily since it comes in a hard case that holds everything you are going to need.
- 6 power gears
- Easy to use
- Only includes the USB cord
It is great for those who don’t want something that will be heavy or hard to lug around, but instead, something that is extremely compact and has exactly what you might need.
8. Wowstick 1F+ Electric Screwdriver
If you like all things modern with a sleek design, then the Wowstick 1F+ electric screwdriver is something you want to check out. It is a mini model, and it has 56 screwbits that you can easily change out. It has a pen-style design with a small power button on the bottom and 3 LED lights that make it easy for you to see what you are doing. It can also work as a drill, which means you don’t have to buy any extra tools.
- Battery works for 8 hours.
- Magnets hold all screws removed.
- Easy to charge.
- LEDs stop right away.
- The motor might not be strong enough.
If you don’t want your electric screwdriver to look like all the others, this will be a great option, especially if you want something small and lightweight.
9. Galax Pro 3.6V Electric Screwdriver
Another great option you can use if you want a simple, basic and affordable option is the Galax Pro 3.6V electric screwdriver. This one has a basic design with a handle that can be folded down or put a flat depending on who is using it and how they want to hold it. There are 8 gears for changing up the torque, and there is an LED that would help make it much easier for you to see what you are doing. There is also an indicator that lets you know when the battery is low and when it is full after charging.
- The battery has a huge capacity
- Indicator for when the battery is low
- Switch for the reverse is in an odd spot.
If you don’t want to guess if the electric screwdriver you are using is full, this will be ideal since it will let you know, and it is straightforward to operate.
10. Enertwist 8V Electric Screwdriver
If you need to have everything in one location, including a huge array of bits and connectors, then the Enertwist 8V electric screwdriver is the perfect option for you. This one has 82 pieces that can be used with the screwdriver, and it also comes with a full charger and not the USB charger. There are 21 clutch settings with an 8-volt motor to give you plenty of power, no matter how you are holding the screwdriver.
- Power display
- Bits aren’t magnetic.
For those who want something powerful and would have everything you might ever need in a single location, this will be the best model for you.
These are only a few of the top models that you will definitely want to check out. They all have high-performance levels that can be used for professional work or even at home, depending on your needs. Go ahead and check them out if you hope to buy something that will be powerful without spending a lot of money.
Electric Screwdrivers Buying Guide
You will want to think about everything that would be vital when you are looking to buy an electric screwdriver. You can and should be looking at numerous factors that will make your decision easier, and you need to know what they are. Here are just a few of the top factors to use when you are comparing the various models, such as:
- Different positions – You should be considering the positions you would use the electric screwdriver in, which can be changed if it can lay flat. Ensure that you are thinking about if the handle can be turned to help you get into more challenging to reach areas or if you want it to be turned down to give you a better angle or reach.
- Torque and speed – You also need to consider how many different torque levels you would have and the weight that would come along with that. The speed is also important because you need to know how fast it would be able to go, so ensure that you are checking these out when you are looking at the models.
- Power and motor – The motor and the amount of power it can give you would be important. Ensure that you find one with a large enough motor that will give you plenty of power to get the projects done, which means everything would be done quicker. It would be best if you also considered how it would be charged and the battery’s size.
- Size – Make sure that you are considering how big the actual tool will be, especially if you want something that is going to be compact and portable. The size would determine where it can fit and how you can use it, so ensure that you are checking to see if anything smaller. You don’t want to go too small since then it might not fit in your hand as easily as others might.
- Features – There are also a few features that you need to consider, including how they can turn if it is magnetic for holding the screws and much more. It would be best if you see how many LED lights it would have and where they are located to ensure that you will see what you are doing.
- Bits – Another thing that you should be considering is how many bits and the types of bits that would be included. If you want to have the minimum amount, then that is fine, but some options would have a huge array that would give you everything you might need at any given point in time.
- Price – The electric screwdriver price is also something you need to make sure you are looking at. Think about how much you want to spend on it and what you can reasonably afford to be paying at the moment. This would help you check out only those you can afford and choose the best one from those.
- Brand – The brand is another major factor, and you need to ensure that you are picking the right one. Ensure that you are considering the top brands that you know since they will be well-known for their quality, customer service, and much more when it comes to the tools they produce.
- Warranty – The final thing you want to consider is the warranty and what is covered, and how long it would be. You need to know just what each area covers, including the motor, the body, and much more. The better the warranty, the higher quality the electric screwdriver should be, so make sure to find one that has a reasonable duration.
These are all important factors and criteria that can help you choose the best electric screwdriver. Everyone knows that picking the right one can be confusing, so ensure that these factors are used to decide which one would be perfect for your usage.
What exactly can I use my electric screwdriver for?
You don’t have to use the electric screwdriver to screw in the screws for anything, but it can also be used as a smaller drill. It would allow you to drill holes in the wall and even cut out small areas that you might need for other purposes if you have the right tools.
Can I just put the screw into the wood without drilling a hole?
If you are doing some rough construction and not anything fancy, then yes, you can use your electric screwdriver to put the screw into the wood simply. This would mean that you don’t need to drill the hole in advance since the screw would be doing that as it is being pushed into the wooden area.
Why do I need a handle that can be adjusted?
If you are looking at the models, you will see that a lot of the handles can be turned down or even made flat. This is important since if you are going to be using it in a smaller area, you want to be able to have a good grip on it or even be able to fit it into smaller spaces where your hand might not fit.
It is important that you consider anything and everything when you start the search to purchase an electric screwdriver. Not only do you need to consider the features that each model would have, but also the size, handle positions, and much more. The more you know about the screwdrivers and the factors, the easier the decision will be when it comes to purchasing the right tool for all of your requirements.
When it comes to construction, you want everything to be level or flat, which means using the right tools to achieve this. One of the top tools used is a rotary laser level, which can automatically show you the various lines or levels where the boards should be placed. This is the easiest and fastest […]
Before anyone even goes ahead with their purchase of a folding saw, one should spare a little time on the research that one needs to do. One of the best saw that you can buy should be able to complete the tasks that it’s intended to. Some models are much suited for the household landscape […]
The electric Planar or any other kind of planer allows a person to level, smooth, and plane the surfaces of rough lumber or wood that might be too big to fit in the standard planning machines. Do you remember about the hand planes that were being used in workshops a few years ago? Those have […]