Measuring the length of one spot to another can be easier with one person when you are using a laser measure. You no longer need to try to hold the measuring tape down on one end and then determine the distance you can do by a laser. This will make the entire process easier, and you can do this by yourself, which means that you can complete any job on your own.
Here is everything you should consider and know about the best laser measures, including the top models. Go ahead and read on to find out more about which models would work the best and which features and factors to consider.
9 Best Laser Measures
There are plenty of options for laser measures that you will want to look at when starting to make the purchase. Here are just 9 of the top ones that you need to be checking out, including:
1. Bosch GLM 50 C Bluetooth Laser Distance Measurer
For those who want a good brand named product, this laser measure will be ideal, which is accurate up to 165 feet to 1/8”. The display is full color that makes it much easier to read what the measurements are, and it has Bluetooth so you can transfer and keep the measurements. This will be extremely small to make it easier for you to put in your pocket and take it out whenever needed.
- The display is easy to read.
- Small in size
- No timer
When it comes to size and brand, this will be the best option you can find, and it will make all of your projects faster and easier.
2. Leica Geosystems DISTO D2 Laser Distance Measure
Another trusted brand in measuring is Leica, and this is a great option that you can use, and it will go up to 330 feet. This model will be exact and accurate when it comes to measuring distances. It works well on drywall, wood, and cement over reflective surfaces, and it is going to be relatively easy to use and operate.
- Easy to operate
- Small in size
- Bluetooth capability
- Doesn’t work well with the smartphone application
When it comes to finding the right model for you, this will be ideal if you aren’t dealing with reflective surfaces and if you want something reliable.
3. Leica DISTO E700i Laser Measure
This brand is trendy in the industry, and this model is one of their best ones with a measuring range of 200 feet. It is accurate up to 1/16,” and you can transfer all of your required measurements into the specific application to make remembering them simpler. You can take around 5,000 measurements for every pair of AAA batteries that you use, which means you won’t be replacing them as often.
- Easy to use
- Uses AAA batteries
For those who need something lightweight and very compact, then this will be the model that you should look at and consider heavily.
4. Tacklife HD60 196ft Laser Measure
If you are searching for something simple to use and read, this model would definitely be interesting. It can reach up to 196 feet with great accuracy, and it is compact and handheld, which means you don’t need to worry about the weight. You can easily delete the stored data within the device after you have operated it, and it will shut down automatically without operating after 150 seconds.
- Automatic shutdown
- 2-year service
- Doesn’t work well in sunshine
If you don’t need anything complicated or want something that will store the information on the device itself, this will be the perfect model for your needs.
5. Hattomen Laser Measure
If you are looking for a level that is built into the device to ensure that the measurement is straight, then this would be perfect. There is a level in the bottom of the device, and it can measure up to 132 feet, and the LCD is backlit. This is going to be waterproof, shock-proof, and even dust-proof to keep it from getting damaged at any construction site or even your home.
- Easy to use
- The LCD screen is easy to read
- Makes an annoying sound after recording the measurements
For those who don’t need something complicated, but instead something simple that can take accurate measurements with a level, then this one should be checked out.
6. Bosch Blaze Pro Laser Measure
If you were using the laser measure tool at a construction site, this pro model would be the most suitable option. It can measure around 165 feet with ideal accuracy to keep your measurements true, and it can withstand dust and rain without suffering damage. It can hold 10 different measurements, so you can easily go back and see what they were without having to write them down.
- Storage for measurements
- High quality build
- Takes time to get used to
If you have time or if you are experienced in using the laser measure tools, then this pro based model would be the perfect purchase for you.
7. Lomvum 393ft Laser Measure
If you have to measure long distances, this model is perfect since it can handle up to 393 feet without spending a lot of money. The LCD is backlit to make it easier to read the measurements, and you can easily switch between feet, inches, and meters just by pushing the Unit button. This has a great grip that will make it easy to hold even in the rain, and other bad weather and the body is extremely durable.
- Very budget-friendly
- Comfortable grip
- Lightweight and compact
- Laser is weak
- Sometimes you have to take the same measurement more than once
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money and don’t mind trying a few times to get the right measurement, this might be the ideal tool for your needs.
8. Acegmet Green Beam Laser Measure
If you want to have the Green beam laser measure tool that makes it easier to see the laser, this is the right model. It can accurately measure up to 196 feet with extreme brightness, so you can easily see where you are pointing the tool. It takes around 5 seconds for this tool to take the necessary measurements, and it can store 20 sets of information before needing to be emptied.
- Easy to use
- Uses rechargeable batteries
If you want something that makes it easier to see the laser and point, this green beam tool will be the best one for your needs.
9. Bosch GLM16-10 Laser Measure
No matter what you are looking for, going with the top brand will ensure that you are getting a high quality built tool. This one can easily and quickly measure up to 165 feet with an LCD screen that is very clear and simple to read. You can also get real-time measurements while moving as long as the front is clear and can see the final point. It also has a feature that calculates any room’s total square footage just by pushing a button.
- Square footage calculation
- Easy to use
If you want something that can tell you the measurements while you are moving, then this would be the ideal tool, so make sure to check it and see if it fits your requirements.
Laser Measures Buying Guide
You will want to consider a lot when it comes to buying the right laser measure, which means knowing the features you want. The more you know about the features and the tips, the choice will be easier, and some of the tips include:
- Price – Ensure that you are looking at the total price of the device you are interested in and know what you can afford to spend. Only look at the models that you will be able to afford to make sure you are getting the best one in that price range.
- Brand – Another thing you want to consider is the brand, and there are plenty of well-known brands in this industry. If you purchase from one of these trusted brands, you can ensure you will get good quality customer service under the warranty period.
Go ahead and use these tips to help you buy the best tool for your needs, and that means knowing these. You also want to consider how much you want to spend and the brand you are interested in before you do anything else.
Features to Look For in Laser Measuring Tools
When it comes to finding the right laser measure tool, you will want to ensure that you know the features that would help make the right choice. Some of the top features that you want to make sure you are looking for includes:
- Accuracy – You should always look at the accuracy of the laser measure before you purchase anything. The majority of them have an accuracy level of 1/16” for every 100 feet, so make sure that you consider this when taking your measurements. The more accurate your readings are, then the less time you will have to spend redoing them later if required.
- Range – Another thing to consider is the range that the tool can handle. If you cover longer or wider ranges, you want to go with the longest one you can find. This is something vital that you want to look at since you don’t want to take more measurements than necessary. The range is one of the most important factors to think about the normal range that you measure and then consider if the tool would cover it.
- Functionality – Also, you want to consider the functionality and the various functions that each tool would have. Some would allow you to store a set amount of measurements within the device, or Bluetooth can transfer them. You also want to consider how you can change up the measurements or undertake any calculations while using it.
- Bluetooth – Some models would have Bluetooth capability, allowing you to transfer the data to an application or even your smartphone. Ensure that you are thinking about how this will be transferred and what you will have to record the measurements. If there is an application that you can use, you should ensure that it can be downloaded and used on your smartphone.
- Outdoor Use – When it comes to a construction site or even your house, you will want to think about if it can be used outdoors. Some won’t give as accurate measurements because of the sunlight, but some will be able to. You also want to consider whether or not they will work in the rain and much before.
- Portability – The final factor you need to consider is portability and how easy it is to move around. The size and weight would determine this, so make sure that you pick one that can be easily fit into your pocket or your hand while working.
These are just a few of the top features and factors you need to consider before making any final choice. Look at every option and compare the features and see which one is the best one you can afford within your price range.
Can I use this laser measure for my home?
If you are building something in your home, then this would be a great idea to use. You can easily measure the distance between one room to another or even from one spot to another. Make sure you are choosing one that will be easy to use and understand.
Can I toggle between different measurement types on these tools?
Those who need different types of measurements like inches, feet, or even meters can help you. You will be able to easily toggle between the various measurements once you learn how to do it, and it can make everything easier for you.
Can these withstand rain and other heavy weather?
Those working at a construction site might mean bad weather like rain, show, and even a lot of dust. These tools are made to withstand the rain and dust while still working, but the accuracy might not be the same as normal with the rain.
Can I use these while moving?
When it comes to moving around, you might not take the measurements easily unless the tool allows that. Ensure that you are checking out to see if it does if that is something you want to use, especially if you are working in your home on a project and you aren’t sure what you are going to do.
You must choose the right laser measure for your projects, which means finding one that can be used easily. You don’t want something that you will have to learn how to use, but instead, you can use it out of the box. You will also want to consider the accuracy level and the range that the tool has before you can make any final decision.
Don’t be afraid to look at them a few times and compare them closely before purchasing them. The more you know about these laser measure tools, the easier it will be to push the button to buy.
When it comes to construction, you want everything to be level or flat, which means using the right tools to achieve this. One of the top tools used is a rotary laser level, which can automatically show you the various lines or levels where the boards should be placed. This is the easiest and fastest […]
Before anyone even goes ahead with their purchase of a folding saw, one should spare a little time on the research that one needs to do. One of the best saw that you can buy should be able to complete the tasks that it’s intended to. Some models are much suited for the household landscape […]
The electric Planar or any other kind of planer allows a person to level, smooth, and plane the surfaces of rough lumber or wood that might be too big to fit in the standard planning machines. Do you remember about the hand planes that were being used in workshops a few years ago? Those have […]