Construction workers have to do a lot of hard work as a part of their job responsibility. That is why they need to take good care of their food quality. Bringing lunch to work is very helpful in taking care of this essential aspect for the workers.
We are reviewing the top 10 best lunch boxes for the construction workers to keep their food fresh and nutritious for a long duration.
Top 10 Best Men’s Lunch Boxes for Construction Work
Best Overall: MIER Adult Insulated Lunch Bag
The MIER Adult Insulated Lunch Bag is a multipurpose bag for keeping your favorite food and beverages fresh and healthy while working on your construction site. The bag contains two separate insulated compartments for hot and cold food items. The food-safe PEVA insulation lining inside the bag is not only food safe but also eco-friendly and easily cleanable.
If you wish to carry both hot & cold food items and want them food safe and healthy for longer, the MIER Adult Insulated Lunch Bag is just the right choice for you.
Best Budget Option: Coleman 9-Can Soft Lunch Cooler with Removable Liner
The Coleman 9-Can Soft Lunch Cooler is a great option if you want to keep your food and drink cold longer. The bag is treated with antimicrobials to prevent bacterial growth. The bag has heat-welded seams to make it leak-proof and maintain the food’s required temperature for a long duration.
This lunch bag is insulated and pretty spacious enough to keep a sufficient quantity of cold food for the construction worker.
Most Advanced: Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Lunch Cooler
The Arctic Zone Titan is built with superb insulation and acts as a perfect heat barrier to the outside temperatures. The bag has a patented Zipperless design. You can flip-open the front compartment for quick and convenient accessibility.
The zippered pockets are additionally included to keep other utensils and necessities like napkins and toothpicks etc.
The unique, radiant heat-barrier properties, along with flip-open design, make this bag one of the most sought after lunch bags for construction workers.
Multifunctional: ThinkFit Insulated Meal Prep Lunch Box
The ThinkFit Insulated Meal Prep Lunch Box has almost everything that you can imagine in a lunch bag. It has 6 food-containers for different portions. Besides, the BPA free bag is reusable and is microwave-friendly. The bag, moreover, can be kept in the freezer as well.
A wonderful lunch cooler for the health-conscious construction workers can also be used to pool the lunch carrier to the site.
HSD Tactical Lunch Bag for Tactical Men
The HSD Tactical Lunch Bag is a highly versatile lunch bag used by men and women of all age groups. The bag is made of military-grade material, offering it very high durability. It can be used for both cold and warm food. The bag has the option to attach additional pouches with the webbed pockets.
If you want a highly effective and versatile lunch bag, the HSD Tactical lunch bag makes for an excellent choice.
Igloo 14.8 Quart Playmate Cooler with Industrial Diamond Plate Exterior Design
The Igloo 14.8 Quart Playmate Cooler offers a patented tent-top design of lunch coolers for the construction workers. The cooler is tough, big, and pretty spacious to carry large portions of food items for your lunch. The impact-resistant plastic used in building the diamond plate exterior is extremely durable.
The unique patented tent-top design and diamond-plate exterior allow you to keep your food for extra long hours.
Stanley Classic 10qt Lunch Box – Large Insulated Lunchbox
The Stanley Classic 10qt Lunch Box is a perfect blend of old design with modern construction. The bag has high insulation properties. Besides, it has the capacity to store food for a large crew of workers. The material and construction quality makes it a highly durable lunch carrier.
If you want a large capacity lunch box in a classical design, go no beyond Stanley Heritage Lunch Cooler.
Klein Tools 55600 Work Cooler, 17-Quart Lunch Box
The Klein Tools 55600 Work Cooler can keep a large portion of food for a long 30 hours. You can use this box to carry extra meals if you need to stay back overtime at your construction site. Besides the food, you can also carry a 1-liter bottle in an upright position.
If you want to have a lunch box that can give you longer hours of cooling to cater to your meal requirements during the extended hours working, the Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Tough Box is the right choice.
IceMule Pro Insulated Backpack Cooler Bag
The IceMule Pro Insulated Backpack Cooler Bag is one of the coldest cooler bags. The hands-free bag is highly portable and has high collapsibility making it extremely easy to fold after you have finished your lunch.
If cold and fresh food is your top-most priority, the IceMule Pro Insulated Backpack Cooler Bag will perfectly fulfill your needs.
Rubbermaid LunchBlox Lunch Bag
The Rubbermaid LunchBlox Lunch Bag is designed exclusively for the Rubbermaid LunchBlox containers and ice packs. It can carry multiple containers and provide all-day cooling to your food items. You can additionally keep your utensils and accessories in separate compartments.
If you want to keep your lunch fresh and cold in Rubbermaid LunchBlox containers, choose the Rubbermaid LunchBlox Lunch Bag designed especially for the purpose.
Lunch Box for Construction Work Buying Guide
So, these were the top 10 best men’s lunch boxes for construction workers. Few of them would have matched your requirements. Before finalizing the most suitable one, we recommend you go through our buyer’s guide to get more important inputs on the product.
Keeping Food Safe in Your Lunch Box
One of the essential qualities that you look for in a good lunch box is its ability to preserve the food it carries. The lunch box should be able to prevent the food from getting stale until your lunchtime. Besides, it should be able to maintain the temperature of the food for long hours.
Apart from having a good quality lunch box, there are some measures that you can take in enhancing the food preserving abilities of your lunch box and keep your food fresh & tasty for a long time.
- Keep the lunch box in the refrigerator until you leave for work. This will keep the food at low temperatures for more time.
- You can keep a frozen water bottle inside your lunch box. This will help in keeping the food cold for a long duration. Keeping a bottle in the lunch bag offers you an added advantage- you can also drink this water during lunch to keep yourself refreshed.
- Keeping Ice packs in your lunch box is also a good idea to keep your food cold. Ice packs are pretty easy to use and carry.
- I prefer stainless steel lunch boxes over plastic containers. This will keep your lunch fresh and cold longer.
- Insulated lunch boxes prevent outside heat from transferring inside the lunch box. This is also a good way to keep your lunch cold for a long time.
- You can use portable coolers for best results, particularly if you carry food for extended working hours.
- For the hot food items, it is important to note that the food’s temperature should not fall below 140oF. This is the ideal temperature for the bacteria to grow and spoil your food. To prevent loss of temperature of your hot food item, you can use a thermal tote. This idea works well with cold food as well.
Lunch Box Materials and Lunch Box Safety
The lunch box material should be such that it provides durability, insulation, and safety to your food.
- Vinyl, nylon, and polyester are strong materials and hence are generally used for the outside material. Moreover, metal and silicone also offer ruggedness to the lunch box and make it longer lasting.
- Most of the high-quality lunch boxes use plastic, vinyl, or other metal foils like aluminum for the inner material, etc.
- The inside insulation layer should have high heat-resisting properties to maintain the temperature of your food. Urethane, polyester, and polyethylene plastic possess good insulation properties and hence preferred to build the inside of the lunch box.
- If the inner material is made of recycled plastic, check for its number. #1 denotes PET, #2 denotes HDPE, and #4 denotes LDPE. These plastics are safe to use in lunch boxes. However, plastic #7 is not considered safe as it can leach chemicals in the food item.
- Glass is the safest and least reactive material but at the same time most fragile of all. Stainless Steel is the sturdiest and much less reactive as compared to materials other than Glass.
- Most of the manufacturers use hydroxyethyl to make the Ice packs. However, silica gel is also one of the preferred materials used in making the ice pack.
How to Properly Clean Your Lunchbox or Lunch Bag
Cleaning is the most important activity to prepare an article for keeping edibles. An unclean container can lead to the growth of harmful bacteria that can get transferred to the food item and, in turn, consume the infected food. You can follow the following method to keep your lunch bag clean:
- Remove any leftover food from the lunch bag.
- Take one teaspoon of bleach and mix it with five cups of normal water.
- Take a neat & clean cloth and damp it with the solution.
- Wipe the lunch bag surfaces with a damp cloth.
- You can alternatively fill the bleach solution in a spray bottle and spray the solution over the lunch bag surfaces.
- Leave the lunch bag for the reaction for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a dry cloth and wipe the lunch bag dry using the cloth.
This process is called the sanitizing process. This helps in keeping the food surface of the lunch bag free from any bacteria.
Benefits of Bringing Your Lunch to Work
Bringing lunch to work has many advantages.
- It’s healthy. When you eat outside, you do not have much control over the ingredients used in making the food item. Some ingredients may not be suitable for your consumption. Consuming them can make you fall sick. Moreover, if you bring food to work, you can follow your diet plan and lose or gain weight as per your need as you can adjust your portion as per the calories you require.
- It’s less expensive. Of course, you won’t be paying for the service charges and the profits you have to pay when you eat outside.
- You save on your time as you do not need to go out for your lunch, place the order, and wait for the food to come. You can utilize this time in taking a short nap or enjoy yourself with your colleagues.
What To Pack in Your Lunch Box
A construction worker needs to have healthy and high-calorie food during lunchtime. The kind of activities a construction worker performs requires 3 to 4 times more calories than a sedentary worker.
The following items are essential for you to get maximum nutrition in your lunch at the construction site with the highest convenience.
It would help if you had a lot of protein in your diet to stay healthy and strong. A high protein diet like roasted chicken or beef is a wonderful option that can be consumed cold. You can also keep sourdough, soya beans, or whole-grain bread in your box to get high protein during your lunch.
Vitamins & Minerals
Get your punch of vitamins and minerals through your favorite veggie or fruit. Cucumber, carrot, apples, and grapes offer a wonderful variety of fresh vegetables and fruits to keep in your lunch box.
Keep plenty of water with you as you will be sweating a lot while working hard as a construction worker. This will remove a lot of minerals from your body and may leave you dehydrated. Water helps in hydrating your body cells and in restoring the mineral levels in your body.
If you are packing cold food and you want it to remain cold until your lunchtime, you should consider using ice packs for the best results.
You do not get any additional utensils to serve or have your food in a construction site set up. So, keep spoons, glasses, or other required items in your lunch box for your convenience.
Also, have a few containers stacked inside the lunch box to prevent food items from crushing.
Lunch Tips for Construction Workers
A balanced diet is essential to keep us fit and healthy. As a construction worker, you should include all the nutritional elements in your lunch. This will allow you to work hard and keep your spirits high and help reduce your stress levels.
- It would help if you had a high protein diet in your food and include a good amount of carbohydrates.
- You can get your protein by including fish, egg whites, chicken breast, low-fat meat, soya & other beans, yogurt, peanuts, etc.
- You can select rich carbohydrate food among the fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains seeds, potatoes, etc.
- It would help if you also considered your medical conditions while choosing your food items. For instance, workers with high sugar levels should avoid having potatoes or high sugar-containing fruits.
- Furthermore, it would help if you kept checking your diet plan as per your energy level, nature of work, and overall health condition and keeping amending your diet according to the situation.
Selecting the right type of Lunch box should not be very difficult once you are clear about your requirements. However, the large variety available in the market makes it rather difficult to select the most suitable one for your purpose.
Precisely for this reason, we have shortlisted the best lunch boxes exclusively for the construction workers. Hopefully, after going through the reviews, you were able to select the best lunch box that can keep your food fresh and healthy for long hours.